X1-5500 Clear System
X1-5500 Clear is a polyurethane clear top coat designed to give extra protection to solid, metallic, and pearl colors. It provides extra protection against chemicals and harsh environments (e.g. acid rain). UV light absorbers provide exceptional ultraviolet light protection and increase the service life of all colors.
Conforms to MIL-PRF-85285 Type 1 and Type 2 Class H.
We don’t recommend polishing X1-5500 due to its toughness but it is possible. If you’d like a softer, more polishable clear, check out our X1-4500 Polish Clear System.
X1-5500 is a 3 part system with a 2:1:1 (Clear:Activator:Converter) ratio. The Converter is chosen based on object size and environmental conditions. For further information on Converters and Reducer usage please see the Technical Data Sheet.
- Exceptionally High gloss
- Other gloss levels available: Medium, Low and No gloss
- Excellent protection against acids and alkalies
- Exceptional ultraviolet light protection
- Exceptional abrasion resistance
- Available with PTFE/Teflon™ for additional protection
- Skydrol® protection
- X1-5500 (X1-5500 Clear SDS)
- X1-1000 (X1-1000 SDS rev 1.1)
- X1-2230 Fast Converter (X1-2230 SDS)
- X1-2220 Medium Converter (X1-2220 SDS)
- X1-2210 Slow Converter (X1-2210 SDS)
- X1-1230 Low VOC Fast Converter (X1-1230 SDS)
- X1-1220 Low VOC Medium Converter (X1-1220 SDS rev 1.1)
- X1-1210 Low VOC Slow Converter (X1-1210 SDS)